Sweater to Leg Warmer Upcycle
If you pulled out your old, wool sweater for Winter and found that the moths had a go at it, no worries! Just upcycle it into a pair of cozy warm, fashionable leg warmers.
- wool sweater
- washing machine
- sewing machine
- safety pin
- Find a wool sweater (the larger the better), pop it in the washing machine, wash it on the hot cycle and then put it in the dryer to felt it.
- Cut the sleeves off as close to the shoulder seams as possible.
- Fold in the cut ends of the sleeves, about 1 1/2 inches, and sew around them, leaving a space between the beginning and end of the seam to insert the elastic.
- Measure around your leg, just above or below your knee (depending on where you want your leg warmers to sit), and cut a piece of elastic – adding a bit to overlap for sewing it closed.
- Take your safety pin and attach it to one end of the elastic, then feed the elastic through the casing you created at the top of the sleeves. Make sure to hold on to the other edge of the elastic so you don’t lose it in the casing!
- Sew the ends of the elastic together, then sew your casing closed.
- Voila! Toasty leg warmers.
No comments yet