Submit your project
Share Your Talents! Here’s your chance to show the world how crafty you are. If you have a great idea for a craft, are handy with D.I.Y, or throw an amazing party, post your achievement on themotherboards.ca and share your talents with an audience of eager creative types. Impress your friends! Showcase your skills! Build your published portfolio! And become a part of the motherboards community.
Please send your submission to: the firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following template in your email.
What to submit?
Make sure you submit a photo or multiple photos of your project (keep each image under 2 MB please!) and a brief description. And be sure to include a line or two about yourself. We want to give credit where credit is due! All other information is up to you. You can share a complete step-by-step on how you produced your masterpiece, how much it costs, materials used etc., in line of the format we use ourselves here at The Motherboards (see below format for your reference). Or keep it short and sweet and leave it at a snapshot and a description. It’s up to you. As long as you share the DIY love!
Motherboards Blog Format (usage optional)
1) Your Name or Nickname: (the name we can use on themotherboards.ca to give you credit for your out-of-this-world DIY project)
2) Name of Your Project: Give your DIY Project a Name, for example “Christmas Hand Prints Table Cloth”. Go for it, be creative, but make sure the title is descriptive of what it is that you have made.
4) Project Introduction: Please summarize your project. What was the reason you made it? Who inspired you? Give a brief overview of what it is and how you and others feel about the result.
5) Total Time Required: How much time did it take from when you started until you finished your project. Include “non-working time” required (for example for glue or paint to dry).
6) Working Time Required : The total time you spent actually working on the project.
7) Project Costs: How much money did you spend on your project? in case you used materials you already had in house, please explain that and provide a rough estimate of what it would cost to get those for people who don’t have those items ready at hand.
8) Materials & Tools Required: Please provide a list of the tools you used during the project (scissors, paint brushes, sewing machine, hole punch, etc), and the materials (paper, fabric, etc). Where possible, please indicate brand names and the stores where you purchased the materials.
9) Your Project Tutorial: An important part of your entry. This is where you share your magic tricks with other moms so they can emulate your divine creation. Provide a simple, step-by-step description of your project. Try to be as to-the-point and precise as you can. Keep it simple and don’t be afraid to state the obvious. Lastly, don’t be afraid of not getting your lingo perfect. Our copywriter guru Jodi, here at The Motherboards, will edit your entry prior to posting.
10) Images: If you have photographed your project along the way, please include them in your tutorial. Keep file size under 1 MB for each image. It is quite possible you have an amazing DIY creation from the past you are dying to share with other moms but you do not have any photographs of the step-by-step production. Not to worry, describe it with words or feel free to include reference images from online or even hand-drawn scanned sketches. Also, showcase your finished creation by attaching your best photo or photos (maximum 3 photos, maximum 1MB per photo).
11) Approval for editing and publishing your project: We need your approval to use your project, text and images on our website. Please include the below statement in your e-mail submission:
I hereby allow themotherboards.ca to edit and use all, or parts of, the information and images from this e-mail submission.
I’m “in!” I have a gaggle of projects that jump out at me that apply! It’s 5am though and my day is just getting started. Slowly too as I’m still horizontal. Remind me of Ariat’s and I’ll send that over.
Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you will
be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and
may come back very soon. I want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a nice evening!