Snuggly Tube Scarf | Easy Sew Project
It has been a cooooooold winter. And the blowing snow can get into all your little nooks and crannies. This scarf/head cover is perfect for keeping your head, neck and chest snuggly warm.
This very easy sewing project just has a few simple steps.
– fleece material
– sewing machine
– measuring tape
1. Measure and cut a piece of material that, when sewn into a tube, will easily go over your head.
2. Cut a slit halfway up the middle.
3. Sew around entire perimeter of material, including the slit.
4. Pin opposite sides together, on one side (to create a tube), down to the point where the slit begins. Then sew those sides together (again, only to halfway down, where the slit starts).
5. Turn it right-side out and slide it over your head. The sewn, “tube” part will be the neck/head cover. The unsewn side and slit will sit on your shoulders, allowing the material to cover your front and back.
6. Try it on all different ways – push the head cover down for a bulky, cosy scarf; tie the loose ends to make your neck extra snuggly; shove the front flap into your snow pants to add another layer of chest warmth.
7. Go out in the snow and laugh winter in the face.