Another Take on a Scarf Shirt!
You know I love my scarf shirts! Scarves are these large pieces of material, just begging me to manipulate them into an interesting shape. Mea culpa, my sister came up with this idea. Am I am chagrined to say it’s the best one yet! Now that summer’s here, it’s the perfect time to create your own scarf shirt.
- sewing machine
- scissors (to cut off excess thread
- large scarf
- sturdy necklace
- Fold your scarf in half, opposite corner to corner (so that it is a triangle) and sew the edges together.
- Fold the top point over twice, about an inch, and sew it, leaving the ends open.
- Insert your sturdy necklace through the space left by sewing the top triangle point.
- Use the necklace as your neck band and tie the other corners around your back. Voila – summery scarf top!