Diaper Invitation | Baby Shower
Celebrate babies with an invitation that’s almost as adorable as they are! These cute invites will have your guests clamouring to shower baby with good wishes.
Submitted By: Giovanna Gwilliams
Giovanna was inspired by a friend’s baby shower invitation, but used a different template (http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/diaper-card.html) when she tackled a diaper invitation for her sister-in-law’s shower.
Working Time Required: It took approx 2 hours (with one other person helping) to put the inviations together – approx. 25 invitations.
Project Costs: Approximately $30. She already owned a glue gun, and had the inserts designed and printed for free at work.
Materials & Tools Required:
- Paper for exterior diaper
- Paper for interior invitation (a slightly thicker stock of paper)
- Diaper Pins
All items above were purchased at Michaels.
- Glue Gun
- Select your exterior Diaper paper
- Select your insert paper (for the invitation information)
- Print the below template for the diaper
- Cut the template and trace template onto your diaper paper (depending on the size of the paper you purchase, you can get more than 1 template on each paper)
- Cut each diaper template out
- Separately have your invitations printed. If using the above template for the diaper, you should scale your insert to 11mm W x 10.5mm H. This will fit perfectly in the diaper invitation
- Cut your invitations out
- Fold Diaper as per lines on the template suggests
- Using a glue gun, add a little dollop of glue under each diaper flap (right and left) and fold into place on top of the middle flap
- Take your diaper pins and add dollop of glue and secure to diaper in location of choice
- Finally, insert your invitation card and you’re done!